Excellence Canada is pleased to offer Pre-Conference Workshops on November 8, 2017 at The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto.
The pre-conference workshops are not included in the conference registration and are at an additional cost. You can register for an individual workshop(s) or register for all 3 and save!
The pre-conference workshops are 2-hours each with a focus on a topic facilitated by Excellence Canada subject-matter experts.
You can register for a pre-conference workshop at the same time you register for the conference. If you have already registered for the conference and would like to attend a workshop(s), please contact registrations at (416) 251-7600 ext 225 or email@example.com
Workshops are on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up today!
8:45am – 10:45am
Excellence: How to Plan and Implement your Excellence journey successfully
Facilitator: Catherine Neville,Vice President & Lead Coach
Learn about the newly revised, world-class, Excellence, Innovation and Wellness Standard and how certification can improve your organization’s focus on being the best it can be!
- Hear “Lessons Learned” from three certified organizations on how they sold, planned, and executed their initiatives for success for excellence, innovation, and wellness.
- The presenters represent organizations from small to large; in both business and public sectors. There will be time for questions so come prepared to ask yours!
- Learn and apply some practical planning tools in your organization.
- Share your experience with others at your table to maximize the learning benefit and build a small network.
- Connect with Excellence Canada’s Lead Coach for initial feedback on your plans after the session, if you wish.
Leave the session with a great start on the next phase of your excellence journey.
11:00am – 1:00pm
Creating a Physically and Mentally Healthy and Safe place to Work
Facilitator: Karen Jackson, Senior Advisor, Healthy Workplace Strategies
Employee wellness is a huge risk to your people, and your organization. While numerous wellness programs, initiatives and interventions will undoubtedly make a difference to your employee’s health and wellbeing, you can no longer afford to ignore the impact of workplace factors on the health of your employees and the performance of your organizations.
This session is about creating and sustaining healthy workplaces through a focus on the requirements to get started and how to do so within a systematic implementation framework. Discussion will include what you can do to create a healthy culture built on an understanding of the appropriate supports and practices that produce better outcomes. You will also learn how this approach leads to greater employee engagement.
Issues to be discussed include:
- Key concepts and determinants of organizational health in the workplace
- Overview of Healthy Workplace® Standard and Mental Health at Work® organizational excellence framework
- How to get started
- Planning, engaging stakeholders, measuring success, and making your approach sustainable
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Improving the Customer Experience
Facilitator: Dr. Adam Stoehr, Vice President, Educational Services
It’s critical to look at your processes and services from the customer’s point of view. Once you understand the customer journey, you can build strategies to improve it. This session explores customer experience journey mapping to help you get the full picture of how your customers (either internal or external) are feeling.
If you have ever had a hard time answering any of the following questions this workshop is for you:
- How well are we doing?
- How are our customers feeling?
- Are our customers satisfied?
- Are our processes working well?
- Where can we improve?