Excellence Canada is pleased to offer Pre-Conference Workshops on November 8, 2017 at The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto.
The pre-conference workshops are not included in the conference registration and are at an additional cost. You can register for an individual workshop(s) or register for all 3 and save!
The pre-conference workshops are 2-hours each with a focus on a topic facilitated by Excellence Canada subject-matter experts.
You can register for a pre-conference workshop at the same time you register for the conference. If you have already registered for the conference and would like to attend a workshop(s), please contact registrations at (416) 251-7600 ext 225 or email@example.com
Workshops are on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up today!
8:45am – 10:45am
Excellence: How to Plan and Implement your Excellence journey successfully
Facilitator: Catherine Neville,Vice President & Lead Coach
Learn about the newly revised, world-class, Excellence, Innovation and Wellness Standard and how certification can improve your organization’s focus on being the best it can be!
- Hear “Lessons Learned” from three certified organizations on how they sold, planned, and executed their initiatives for success for excellence, innovation, and wellness.
- The presenters represent organizations from small to large; in both business and public sectors. There will be time for questions so come prepared to ask yours!
- Learn and apply some practical planning tools in your organization.
- Share your experience with others at your table to maximize the learning benefit and build a small network.
- Connect with Excellence Canada’s Lead Coach for initial feedback on your plans after the session, if you wish.
Leave the session with a great start on the next phase of your excellence journey.
11:00am – 1:00pm
How to Create Physically and Mentally Healthy Places to Work
Facilitator: Karen Jackson, Senior Advisor, Healthy Workplace Strategies
Employee wellness is a huge risk to your people, and your organization. While numerous wellness programs, initiatives and interventions will undoubtedly make a difference to your employee’s health and wellbeing, you can no longer afford to ignore the impact of workplace factors on the health of your employees and the performance of your organizations.
This session is about creating and sustaining healthy workplaces through a focus on the right things to do to get started within a systematic implementation framework. Discussion will include what you can do to create a healthy culture that is built on an understanding of the appropriate supports and practices that produce better outcomes. You will also learn how this approach leads to greater employee engagement.
- You will hear from three experts on their experiences in getting started, engaging stakeholders and making their approach sustainable, as well as, some of their challenges, successes and lessons learned in leading this important work in their organization
- You will learn more about the Healthy Workplace® Standard and Mental Health at Work® organizational excellence frameworks for practical and systematic implementation
- Enjoy sharing and learning from others in this interactive session
2:00pm – 4:00pm
How to Deliver Excellent Presentations
Facilitator: Dr. Adam Stoehr, Vice President, Educational Services
Answer Yes or No to the following:
- I’m scheduled to deliver a Ted Talk or Keynote address
- I offered to share my ideas/story at an upcoming conference
- I am running part of the next staff training on a specific topic
- I have to teach my staff how to use the new system
- I’m presenting my teams progress to the Board or Senior team
- I’m giving a 5-minute update at the next staff meeting.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions this session is for you. Sometimes we have amazing data to share and no one cares. Sometimes we have great news to present about our progress and no one is listening. Sometimes we have the most interesting update and it goes over people’s heads. Some people are exceptionally good at presenting and delivering their ideas. Most are not.
Simple structure and delivery techniques can help you get your message out to people who aren’t that interested. Drawing on research about how the brain handles and remembers information, this session will give you a way to improve your delivery of ideas. You can get the attention of the CEO all the way to the front line of your organization. We often have interesting stories to tell and these stories are not heard or understood by most employees. Improve the way you communicate and deliver your message so that they can’t help but be interested.
Upon completion, participants will be able to…
- Deliver their ideas better
- Understand how the brain works with regard to remembering ideas
- Measure the effectiveness of their presentation skills
- Communicate their important updates in a way that people will be interested
- Make people feel, learn, and remember something about your ideas